Skip to main content

SOLITUDE

SOLITUDE – By John Chizoba Vincent
These cascaded tears are black in complexion,
I started arranging them when I was fourteen.
These broken stars are the horizons of fear,
I started numbering them when I was ten.
These words were the scars seen
in the smile of my mother after my father left,
I started counting them when I was only six.
Mother left at a tender age leaving me in the hands of the wind.
Father was killed on the battlefield,
I held my fate myself and they fell like a pack of sands yesterday.
Tomorrow is the spaces between my fingers,
Today is the map of gory miseries that have come,
I learnt the act of singing a lullaby at the sight of walls of emptiness – Solitude.
How did we become pains in the eyes
loving like the hungry wolves in the jungle?
Those that know me knew where to find me at the river bank,
by the dark corner of a dark room, remembering the torture of yesterday,
remembering a hole created inside of me,
remembering a piece of meat left in the mouth of the lion for me to pick.
when night call, I shivered and cried for another illusion to be created,
when it is dawn, cursed blessings come to play;
I carry ghost of darkness in my right pocket,
I carry death in my left pocket,
I carry him out, talk to him fiercely;
“when are you coming for me? ”
I have learnt to leave my body like a shadow when pained to roam about,
For those who have answers to natures call,
I have learnt to sip silence from the rhythm of their heartbeat.
Storried Solitude
Kiss and touch these pains, they are made from days of lonesomeness.
riding from the skin of the sky to find home,
like a lost elegy, like a lost dirge,
like a child searching for a home…
I am a lone man jagged and clinkered,
I am a lone fox and a magma lion,
I’ve been broken twice, once and forever,
The probability of me getting ramshackle by the shackles of desperation is tabled on the fracture of fins.
I am a lone man!
I am a lone man
Soaked in sullied nipples of anger!!
I am a vain man
Lowered by low esteem
I am a forgotten song of imperfection
for I wallowed idly in the darkness of my thoughts alone.
walking and watching my shadow angry…
talking and counting the steps of my lips
I attuned to the simpering ruse of zephyr when cascades of questions saunter the streets of my mind.
I am a lone man!
I am a man riggered by life choices
harrowed my limp soul like the incised opium’s root
Solitude is the name of my enemy here,
A sliced silence in the morning of my heart is an aching uncle of my household.
Hold your fears to your fingers
I will not bridge this game again
From this dice thrown, death drew nearer,
Till we start learning how to spell the lyrics of father’s dirge, solitude will always rule us all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t