Skip to main content

AS I HEARD MARY



Oh Dean of light.
You who deem deeds wrong or right.
This prayer is not to look with with doubts a deal already done, just because I'm now in my night.
But you and I know that even wrongs have rights. So treat this tears on my cheeks as fresh water from the blood released from a heart hard pierced.

I'm like the hissing song of a snail with a broken shell when that shell is all it has.
I'm  Mary your handmaid: the mother of the boy
whom they have just pierced.
They call him Savior but I call him son.
So if by any means you 're at peace with his pain, remember that I am not God so  I may not understand.

Although he was a gift promised to be re-taken.
Although before he was born we observed a minute silence for his death,
I never considered him an 'acting son' or loved him with left-over emotions.
I heard the prophecies but I was a mother who had a son.
So who will blame me if I also had dreams?
since he was a son like any other.
Of course I remember how he came but I dared to call him son.

And as  I  looked into his wide white eyes I still see my first flower Joseph blessed with a kiss.
For this boy is my Adam, my very first!
So when those thorns went into his head,
 I asked the earth if I could walk out.
With my heart still bleeding behind the breasts with which he was nursed.

And Oh Dean of light.
Now among the hot ashes of Golgotha I search for strips of his blood stained dress.
And the thorns and the spear that went in last when he still had warmth.
And I'm  pouring earth on each patch where a splash of his blessed blood touched.
For the bleats of the sheep meant for an eternal sacrifice are now shrapnels on my young heart.
I have watched every episode of his service for sin and how I wish I can rejoice with all the earth.
But every breathe I now draw is illegal,
because for me life has moved on!

(c) Samson Abanni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t