Skip to main content

IF ANY OF YOU LACK WISDOM

…-By Lolu Elegbe
I discovered something recently that I’m not quite sure I’ve recovered from. Anyone who knows me knows that I read a lot – books, articles and of course my Bible. Now, for as long as I can remember, I’d been praying for wisdom. James 1:5 say that “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given to him”. So I held God to that promise and it became – or has become a daily prayer for me.
One day in Church, the Pastor said, “When you pray for wisdom, God has already answered you. How? He’s given you 31 Chapters filled with Godly Wisdom in the Book of Proverbs. Most months have 31 days, so pick a Chapter a day.” I’d read different chapters of Proverbs before, but I’d never looked at it this way. So I did just that and picked a Proverbs chapter a day and repeated it every month. And as I studied with this renewed contextual understanding, I started to notice something pretty incredible. Chapters and verses I had never read before somehow started to seem familiar. It felt like I had read them before, but not in the Bible. This got me curious, so I went back to books I’d read around the same period or even before – that was when it hit me.
Storried If Any of you lack Wisdom
Many of the same principles taught in books, seminars, workshops, etc – on topics like leadership, critical thinking, personal finances – even management, are actually based on principles in the Book of Proverbs – in some cases, almost word for word! To say I was stunned would be a major understatement – my mind was completely blown. I went to some of the most authoritative books of today on many of these topics and held open Proverbs side by side – it was an incredible experience.
Think about it. Principles penned down thousands of years ago, are still as relevant today, as they were the day they were written. Timeless doesn’t even begin to describe it.
What God has given us is a book filled with more wisdom than we’ll ever need. Just like the books on the topics above, the Book of Proverbs transcends religion – all people of all faiths will benefit from its lessons. If like me, wisdom is a daily prayer for you, let me give you the same good news that my Pastor gave me – you have access to the world’s greatest repository of wisdom. With this (hopefully) renewed contextual understanding, regardless of your religion, open the Book of Proverbs today – pick a chapter a day and watch what happens.
God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t