Skip to main content
A SERENADE  TO Jto Otedola

I cannot afford to fling a laugh..
As I look grotesque at your sweet smile,
which is nothing but the colour of radiant petals,
Your eyebrow, a map to cities sleeping in silence,
The white of your eyes like pure crystals
The glittering of your teeth,  describes whitened keys of a customized grand piano-.

The plain of your flawless Oyo skin and smiles
leaves me to say that  you're relentlessly gorgeous,  your name could be used as the best substitute for beauty in a canon dictionary..

I know you're  pretty and widely admired just like  embellished Italian artworks,it gets into my head that you've turned me into a songwriter because of my unexplainable..

Your whiteness lightens the universe and he who beholds you, feels like  he has the world beyond his feet.
I will sing softly of your lustre, ministering to your soul with my gentle acoustic strings cos you're very pretty, and your laughter is the music of many waters, the melody of silent African brooks.

So I keep singing like the ancient Anglican choir of the name TEMI-OTEDOLA like flocks of weaverbirds on an ancient mahogany tree..

I unbossom  my heart only by looking into the tip of your parted lips, which makes me believe you're pretty just the way a painting is.

The death that will kill a hunter lives in the quiver..
The one that will kill a farmer is hiding in ridges
The one that may kill me is hiding in your intentions.

Let me borrow few lines from S.  Abanni

Please if you see JTO,  tell her that if I could paint like those few gifted hands,
I would make a gallery full of her.
That for me perfect art is just looking into her eyes.
That she is a promise fulfilled.
That from the presence of her memory I can't  run away even by dying.
And when you are done tell her I will keep writing this poem my entire life.

and when she smiles ,tell her I'm  Ola Vincent Omotade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.
The first time I understood what sugar Daddy is, was in 2010. It was the same year I knew that most girls have boyfriends in all cities they've spent at least two days. I I had begged this fine girl, a fellow awardee, to let me travel with her to Port Harcourt to submit the documents required of us. I hadn't been to Port Harcourt before. She was young and dainty. Not quite a native city girl but she strove to show her knowledge of the contemporary. And that made her what is known today as slay queen. She said we should get to Enugu a day before, and from there take a bus to Port Harcourt. She had detached a little to make a call. Soon after, a shiny Camry pulled over at our feet. I had run back, cursing the driver in my mother tongue. Stella hopped in. I stood, staring at both of them. He was a middle aged man. I had been warned never to enter a stranger's car. 'Olodo, hop in!' Stella shouted, laughing. Insult was insult, whether said with a smile or a frown.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t