Skip to main content

ORDAINED REALITIES












By Ola Vincent Omotade




It was Law!
I felt seriously cold, with goose pimples all over me and I thought I hadn't used a blanket in reality. I pinched myself and I felt my sinking skin. Looking at my watch, it was all full of 9pm .It wasn't a dream! I was hurting, everywhere!For one nightmarish moment, I felt like my world was really crushing.

The voice of my dad jarred me into reality! With him, it was a Yes! Final! No arguments!
And there I was–helpless, throbbing.The tears....A crazy reality was intruding:How, where do I start? My dreams and all:crushed!  A course like U.R.P?

Because I was studying Urban and regional planning, I felt like an extraterrestrial alien of myself; a misfit with two left feet, two left hands. And, although I aced the tests, had angelic friends, had a barrel of laughs....It wasn't me. Yes, I was dreaming!(wake me up, sharperly!)

It was Law! I perceived it in the air and was always called, 'Doctor Ola Vincent '. My dad, my mum, virtually everyone I knew then,kept on resounding it to me, like a recurrent chime.The law was shacking me so that I wrote one post-UTME like that, alongside JAMB on it(rolls eyes).There I was, groping!

Until I came to FUTMINNA, did I realize my true essence, did I see life through the lenses of reality and unalloyed passion. It became crystal clear to me that the MEDCINE is
not for me.We don't just click! I discovered urban and regional planning  was the best I can do ,l so now I Love(d) it, made sweet love to it.It's my all in all
There are times when we feel the wind of life thrusts us deep into situations, places, positions, etc., that are way below our expectations.These disappointments pierce the rivulets of our desires, dreams and aspirations.They betray our gut-reaction. We question God, question our entire being, question everything and everyone around us, as well as, we are left gravely frustrated, like we're undergoing a kind of delayed orgasm.

The cliched mentra, 'disappointments are(mostimes)blessings in disguise, ' is still very much viable and applicable in our reality. The failed relationship(s), the delayed admission into the university(wherever), the delayed job offer, the delayed marriage, the change of course in life;the hurdles, troubles, pains...that make your pillow your greatest confidant(e) and friend may just be flickers of smoke that fan your breakthrough to manifestation.

There are exceptions though, But we all keep running towards our fate

Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t