Skip to main content

SHIKA'S EXPERIENCE





By Ola Vincent Omotade

9th- 02- 2018 will be a day i will forever remember, it was a day the heaven kissed the earth and birth forth never- forgotten experiences.

Good or bad, it as created Its scars, it will still be the part of us, part of our lives,  parts of prophecies that creased before the earth- existence.  It will remain in us forever, anywhere we go,  everywhere we walk, and every time we laugh.

 When we think about this day or memories attached to it , we are very happy and we want to smile because we want to thank God for Life and sometimes we are sad and we want to cry because we feel we've lost all.

  But in my opinion, everyone has a special memory that they will never forget. It may be good or bad. Mine is both Good and BAD(..Laughs)

..i know you're surprise, read emotional lines of my poetry below:

 ..SHIKA'S EXPERIENCE
My plumpy admirable handsomeness became an object of pity, the agile self I used to know became so helpless.

That my fingers crossed like spider could no longer scratch my body with my pink  sponge.  genders (male &female) now bath and clean up haphazardly all I have casted to be  private

" My nakedness"

Wide screen scars all over my head, showing a tour that I sustained serious head injury in a ghastly  clash

Rolled on the wheel chair as If I had no legs,
Was pretty petted by nurses in white like eggs
i looked at life from another dimension for the very first time in my life and I felt I shouldn't have existed upon the surface of existence whenever  I remember that painful injection drilled into my buttocks at nights.

   Water and blood were infiltrated into my gentle body, I smelled the odour of a dried blood behind my nose..i felt like an alien of my self as the clings of the clippers scrape my coily brown hair soaked in the pool of blood.

I have always been reading about surgery,  but a surgical operation was about to be carried out on me,  they call it mandibular fracture reduction

..so I entered the secluded hospital theatre  with my two eyes blinking as if heaven calls, torrents of blood gushed out my mouth as surgical blades were used to pierce my flesh, my tooth aches me greatly  as anaesthesia injections were applied to my pink gum.

uhmmm.. (sighs)
I am here to speak of God's faithfulness
And I hope that in hearing this, you get blessed

When it started, I couldn't tell where I was
How long I have or when I got there

All I knew was pain, I felt an enormous pain all over my body but for my feet.
I noticed my plastered face, a connected drip and several bandages.

A polite nurse noticed me and called out to a doctor.
At his arrival, the young doctor said to me

_"You're at  the GENERAL  HOSPITAL MINNA,_
_And its because you had an accident,_
_You've been unconscious for sometime,_
_Pls take care to rest"_

I tried to question him but couldn't find the right words to do so

Eventually I stopped trying to do so
But when I laid back, I was in tears

When he came back later that day,
He explained how my accident was fatal,
The surgery I had to undergo
And the possibility of me being on that bed for years

When I heard him I was so troubled that I passed out.
Later on, I tried to pray but couldn't do so well
For weeks, I could neither speak properly nor eat.

I was down emotional, most times I was crying in my prayer.
Other times, I couldn't even pray as I sorrow

But where man's help could not avail
God's power came and prevailed

God said to me,
God said _"The day you'll leave here is just as close as tomorrow._
_So my dear son, do not sorrow"_

I am so grateful to God because I am back
I am back with a might that is just on track

After spending twenty-four days and twenty three night in the city of ZARIA for the first time, the sun of Zaria smiled at me for the very first time..well wishers, lovers , friends and sympathizers congratulated me..with words like "Bro you escaped death", "God is faithful"..I looked at them and unexplainable tears gushed out my whitened eye, I prayed for other patients I met there, some had averagely spent two years and were really happy  I am leaving them, I could read vividly from their eyes emotionally I told them  God that brought me here  and is taking out today will take you out of here.

Now am back to the care of my home
And the warmth of my foam, my mattress

Health they say is wealth.
So now that I'm back to health, I know I'm in wealth.

I am back with a greater form of strength.
I am back with such energy that can be felt.
and everytime  I remember this experiences I give glory to God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t