Skip to main content
There are very few things in life that man achieves through physical strength or power. Perhaps lifting a gallon of water up the staircase or pumping a bicycle tube and a few other isolated cases.

Even in the rings, one may wonder how John Cena whose height is 1.85m and weighs 114kg, not only summons the courage to fight but beats Ryback whose height is 1.91m and weighs 132kg. The answer isn't far-fetched. It's called NERVE! He possesses the nerve.

When I was a child, in the village, there was a plumpy peer that I feared to ashes. And for a reason I didn't know, he was always on the sprawl to catch me and beat me up. I dreaded and dodged him like fire. I would run back home crying if I saw him on the road. If I heard he passed here, I'd choose a bypass.

I often joined other boys in the neighbourhood every morning to tether cattle. Any time they told me that Ejiofor was going with them, I'd run back home. I kept evading this lad until one day when my friends connived against me. I had asked if Ejiofor was coming, and they told me no. So, we went on. Suddenly, Ejiofor appeared from where he was hiding as we marched through the snaky path in the field. I screamed like hell, and automatically began to cry. My heart melted as he menacingly lifted his clenched fists to blow me on the nose. I shut my eyes in tears, stretched out my hands in fear and in futile attempt to shield my delicate head. I maintained that position for minutes, crying. But then I was yet to feel Ejiofor's blow. I Didn't feel anything! I opened my eyes gradually only to see him flat on the ground, writhing in pains. He held his face in his palms, screaming like hell. At first, I couldn't fathom what happened. I didn't know that my one of my outstretched fingers had pierced his right eye. Then another spirit entered me. 'Beat him. Beat him now!' It said. And I hit Ejiofor twice on his head. At the third, he rose up and fled, creaming like he was dying, while I gave him a hot chase.

That was how the fear of Ejiofor got dissipated. We grew up later into adults as friends, with mutual respect for each other.

What is that thing that scares you the most in life? Is it failure or death? Is it the fear of saying the truth or living right? Is it the fear of that song you've recorded being accepted? Is it how people will react to that story you've written and hidden since? Do you fear that your proposal is not good enough to stand that of other entrants? Is it the fear of passing exams? Do you fear that your future is insecure?
Just shun it all.
Irrespective of the fear that pervades you, all you need is Nerve! That confidence to try, without fear of failure.

Nerve is more than power. It comes first before power. It is the sole winner of all wars.

You go to the motor park and you see a lanky, agbero, shouting: kilode? Kiloworie? Shuu, you wan try? You wan die? Scaring a giant who could ordinary harvest his lungs and feed them to the vultures. But then, he shrinks, dodges the agbero, not really out of gentility. He lacks the Nerve! And without the Nerve, no power can be expressed.

Fortune favours the bold.
'Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.' Basil King and Goethe both say.

Needless citing examples far of. Have you wondered how that aged man from Daura, whose only verifiable luxury was life, could swear that he must rule Nigeria again, a country of over 200 million people, full of young, healthy and intelligent, giant and vibrant professors and billionaires. Yet, he succeeded. It took nothing more than the Nerve. The willingness to try, and to keep trying without fear of failure. So, sit up and spit out that inferiority complex that has yoked you and your ancestry for ages. Break that chain of cowardice. Take a plunge into your destiny. It doesn't take power. It doesn't take money. It doesn't take anything other than the Nerve!

Happy weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER MAJESTY

By Ola Vincent Omotade There was a village named Gini, a town blessed with mineral resources and oil. For a long-time the town had been under the pressure and control of Gbaduze a strong courageous king that ruled with excess superiority and power. A very sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, cities where corruption reigned supreme, they forsake the word of the wise and were bent on doing evil, but at the later end Queen Marieke, a woman brought back glory to the land. There lived a king named Gbaduze, a long living wealthy king, dark shinning in complexion, a man of his own very word and power embedded due to influence of the Niger-areas in Okere-aje kingdom. However, when death came calling, he died and the king makers ordered that the Queen to ascend the throne of her late husband and invariably preside over the affairs of the community. On ascension, she rigorously studied the existing relationship between the three major tribes in Gini. Q
This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t