Skip to main content
CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
By Ola Vincent Omotade

 When I was 13 years old, there was a girl in my neighborhood who I was quite certain at the time that I could give my life to. We met again today after ten years and all we said were memories.

When I was a child, in the village, there was a plumpy peer that I loved to ashes. And for a reason I didn't know, she was always on the sprawl steering at me . I loved her like fire loved petrol. I would run back home filled with fantacized emotions if I saw her on the road. If I heard she passed here, I'd choose to stay there till she returns.

BOOOOM... I got a 2A exercise,  I exercised my my capacity for writing romantic poetry  which had been greatly manifesfed right from my childhood days..

" I love you Sarah I wrote ,  I want you to be my wife. I see life rotating around you and myself as you husband "

Unknown  to me, she was also in love, she got a piece of paper and wrote yes in more than 30times..

So after three days I propose that the relationship be forwarded  into marriage. we started  our wedding preparations and it was super dope, if I may say so myself, a plan of sheer genius we fixed a date, I brought my suit and she brought her white gown. we even had flower girls and men in suit.

Finally on the supposed wedding date, the programme started, we cooked and we were almost joined in holy matrimony but her mum showed up and flogged the hell out of me

She was like..  ibi nise kuse ti ma nbere
(this is where fornication starts)_

I got home sadly looking and mum was like..  What happened to you..?

"True love as you know, will survive even the worst brutality. So, I bore my injuries as a worthy suffering for my beloved.."

So i lied that I fell from  a stair case

While my physical bruises have healed from that experience, from as you can imagine, what happened with the teacher, my capacity for loving  a girl had been greatly diminished.

I'm not going  to take this step first anymore, if you love me please  feel free to ask  me out..  I think  I don't know how to go about it anylonger..

What brought about this story? I saw her today, we reminsced on childhood memories and laughed at our stupidity then.

How we used to act mummy and daddy drama,I remembered how I use to fight to act that role of daddy in any drama  we wanted to act, then later I would give an order as the man of the house  that everyone should leave..so it  remains myself and Mummy.

We would  rehearse all we see couple do then in movies, kissing innocent girls.. Lol😂😂😂😂
May God forgive us our sins

#ChildhoodDays
#Memoriesofvillagechildren
#peerINFLUENCE
#LOVEFANTASIA
#Babyemotions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Allah must be a vampire! It must have become an ocean of blood and bones; this heaven. They must've turned maggots feeding on flesh; these angels. He must have looked away in shame and despair; this God. For ages they've murdered us in your name.

YOU ARE ENOUGH

Ignorance is protective. Because we know we will all die, Living is now a protest or an acceptance, like a waiting room where the minutes are in years. Like a dressing room for a grand performance. so we are preparing for a career, then a family then for retirement then... The concept of time is the scam of mortality, if we have to spend all our time minding it as we do currently. The norms about how you should live, what you should value and what path to follow were all made by society, if it was an LOC that was chosen by social evolution to make these rules, the members must be all dead now, maybe they would have now recommended changes based on prevailing reality.  The Society has prescribe these laws for it immortality but we won't live forever. We  are just  interruptions in the continuum of time, so ratify these values and choose your personal set.Everything is like everything else just until you decide to value one more.The power of money is in what it can buy and what t
The first time I understood what sugar Daddy is, was in 2010. It was the same year I knew that most girls have boyfriends in all cities they've spent at least two days. I I had begged this fine girl, a fellow awardee, to let me travel with her to Port Harcourt to submit the documents required of us. I hadn't been to Port Harcourt before. She was young and dainty. Not quite a native city girl but she strove to show her knowledge of the contemporary. And that made her what is known today as slay queen. She said we should get to Enugu a day before, and from there take a bus to Port Harcourt. She had detached a little to make a call. Soon after, a shiny Camry pulled over at our feet. I had run back, cursing the driver in my mother tongue. Stella hopped in. I stood, staring at both of them. He was a middle aged man. I had been warned never to enter a stranger's car. 'Olodo, hop in!' Stella shouted, laughing. Insult was insult, whether said with a smile or a frown.